How far would you drive to fight for someone you love in a car that was death trap? In Mikey’s case, he drove all the way to Wooster, Ohio.
In this episode Mikey and Randie talk about that ex, a motorcycle accident, and how they let a problem fester for years before confronting it as an issue.
They give an in-depth overview of the creation of their guidelines for communication, and a series of events that finally pushed them to question and answer if they could remain in a relationship. Mikey recalls the tale of his perilous journey to keep Randie with him and they both detail the story that they refer to as, “October.”
Are you excited to add this millennial couple to your list of relationship favorites?
Pressing play and rating 5-stars is the first step.
- 2:30- Mikey tells the love story of the day: www.bit.ly/2Glcmgf
- 7:11- Randie defines non-negotiables
- 8:32- Randie details finding a photo of Mikey’s ex in his phone
- 13:01– Mikey explains relationship with that ex
- 16:05- Randie describes studying abroad to Ghana and how that made her look at Mikey differently
- 18:15- Mikey describes how his motorcycle accident changed him
- 41:24- Randie talks about surprising Mikey while in college and running into that ex
- 44:24- Randie decides she’s done with the relationship
- 51:00- Mikey discusses how Randie’s decision impacted him
- 58:00- Mikey talks about the hard drive to Ohio
- 1:08:26- The couple lists their relationship non-negotiables
- 1:16:20 – Fight or Flight Segment
- 1:19:08 – Mikey and Randie end the show with some PDA (Public Display of Affection)
Related Blog Posts Written by Randie:
- Three Lessons I Learned When I Declared, “I’d Rather Be Crazy”
- 4:44 Musings: A Conversation with a Husband [Part Two]
Follow us on social media:
- FB: www.facebook.com/BlackMillennialMarriagePodcast
- IG: www.instagram.com/blackmillennialmarriage
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/blackmilmarpod
Song: Protect Ya Life
Album: In Fatherhood